Welcome!

Country Style Accents is a variety of unique furniture, home decor, florals, and holiday decor.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What to do with old Iron legs and a table top?

My dad left me long before his time should have been up at the age of 45.  He may not have had enough time to teach me a lot but the quality of what he taught was much better.  He taught me how to teach myself.  That's the best gift he could have ever given me.  With the wonderful world of internet you can pretty much put a few words of whatever you're looking for into google and you will find endless pages of stuff.  Or in my dad's case you can 'hoard' stuff until you may one day have a use for it.  I inherited all my dad's "stuff" in his garage and shed.  Let me tell you it has been a long 3 years going through his "junk".  However, there has been some good. 

I've been doing a lot of rearranging of my workspaces in the garage to try and be more productive.  I have cleared a nice workspace for pretty much everything except my miter saw.  I just put it on a work table (inconvenient) which only left it buried and unusable.  I was trying to think of where I could put it or how I could use it etc.  Then it came to me.  I MADE my husband keep a few things that we found throughout our process of getting rid of some of my dad's ..... "treasures".  This is what I found and the light bulb went on!



You can even see my dad tried selling these at a garage sale for only $3!!!  I would have bought them!


How perfect would these be together to make a great saw table!!  Then the wheels in my head started turning on how to make this work.  I needed wheels.  This miter saw probably weighs 60lbs and I couldn't imagine having to move this thing just to move the table with even heavier legs on it if it got in my way.  Then my husband made it a point to suggest wheels that lock once in place after moving them.  GOOD ONE HUN!  So off to Home Depot I went and got the perfect ones. 

So building I went and made my table.  I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself and I reused everything from my garage.  Except the wheels of course. 


As you can see I couldn't help myself but to paint the top to pretty it up a little.  I still have tweeking I need to do as well as repainting the legs.  It stands high enought to put my miter saw on and should never have to take it off.  

Hope you enjoyed!

~Sondra~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments and/or suggestions! I love reading them!