Welcome!

Country Style Accents is a variety of unique furniture, home decor, florals, and holiday decor.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It is hard work!

The last few weeks I have met a lot of new people while selling some of my pieces.  Surprisingly I get a lot of questions on how to paint something, how to distress it and a lot of 'you just buy, repaint, and resell? Wow that's easy'.   First and foremost, I have to say, THIS IS NOT AN EASY JOB!  This started out as a hobby for me, then into a obsession.  Here's the truth of this 'easy job': I practically live in my truck, my house is always full of crafts, I haven't been able to park in my 3-car garage in almost 2 years, half of my wardrobe is paint stained, I work probably more than 8 hours a day, I can never keep my hands manicured let alone moisturized, my kids call me a junker and pretend to go 'garage sailing' in my garage, I barely take a shower before noon, my husband has turned into my own personal mover, my house ALWAYS takes the back burner, and my bank account replenishes then drains faster than I can say 'I'M A JUNKER'!  I guarantee this is not all of it but this is what I came up with for now.  Anyone in this 'job' will say they agree 100%!  This really is a lifestyle and obsession!  I can't even go shopping without looking at something and thinking 'what could I make that into??'.

I really love repainting, repurposing, crafting, fixing, and just using my power tools.  I pretty much do it every single day and every second I get.  I've talked with others and we all seem to even wake in the middle of the night with ideas running through our heads.  (I know someone who keeps a notebook by her bed for these times!)  We are truly dedicated to what we do and the biggest compliment we could ever get is for people to understand how hard we really do work and to appreciate it.  We all put so much thought and labor and sometimes even product into a piece because we just want it to put a smile on someone's face when they bring it home! 

So when you buy that piece you just can't live without, remember someone's love went into that wonderful piece just for you to enjoy!

(I must get back to sanding now. Heeheee!)

Sondra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments and/or suggestions! I love reading them!