Welcome!

Country Style Accents is a variety of unique furniture, home decor, florals, and holiday decor.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Wouldn't it have been something to see a woman 60 years ago using a miter saw or a circular saw!!  I have to giggle at myself everytime I use a big tool.  The fact is though, I LOVE IT!!  No wonder men had garages and they would sit out there for HOURS 'tinkering'.  My grandpas did it, my dad did it, my own husband tries to do it.  It is such an incredible and successful feeling of not only using a power tool but to know how and to do it good.  I've never been really good at trim pieces.  We have been replacing all of our trim in our home and my husband usually does the cutting and measuring.  But lately I've been doing more practice due to details on a piece of furniture.  It just adds so much more to a bland cabinet or dresser or end table just to add a piece of trim.  Check out this before and after picture of this cabinet.


BEFORE


AFTER

Add a little paint and it's going to look Refreshed!  Just a side note, I do fill in ALL my nail holes.  Call it personal preference but it just looks so much cleaner and professional with out being able to see them. 

Here are some (very old) past projects I have done in the past that have required me to use a lot of tools.


This was a desk that I cut up to make 1 tall cabinet.


A bench made from an old dresser.


A corner bench made from a king size headboard. 

I hope you enjoy!  And I hope you get the joy of using a power tool or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments and/or suggestions! I love reading them!