Welcome!

Country Style Accents is a variety of unique furniture, home decor, florals, and holiday decor.

Friday, November 11, 2011

'J.O.Y' with a little red sparkle.

I love the Holiday season!  And who doens't love to do some easy decorating for cheap!  Now I know this idea is nothing new.  However, I have never tried it before so I thought I would give it a go.  I had this old cream separator that I put greenery in but I really wanted something bright red in it, I just didn't know what.  So one of my neighbors called me and told me about this idea that she was doing because it was cheap as well as super fast and easy.  I thought to myself 'THIS WOULD BE PERFECT!'  So I went to Joann's Fabric and bought the 3 letters J.O.Y.  Being my kids are crafty I already had elmers glue and red glitter.  Now I just bought the cardboard letters.  They're cheaper and if I messed up or they got ruined in packing then I wouldn't be so bummed out.  I took a small paint brush to help spread glue all over the letters and the sprinkled and packed on the red glitter.  And here was the outcome.....



Now that it's all sparkled I will spray some poly over it to protect the glitter from falling off too much. You could also use a stronger glue like Gorilla all purpose glue too.  You could also do this with the styrofoam cones to make 'trees' as well.  And might I add, this would be a great project to do with the kids! 

Enjoy!
Sondra 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments and/or suggestions! I love reading them!